Monday, September 1, 2008

August Monthly Makings: Yellow

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE:

The winner is SquishyCuteStuff! I put all the names including double entries :D through a randomizer and wah lah! Congrats!!! I will post the next Monthly Makings soon! I hope to award everyone with prizes so keep on playing. Your odds are very good. It's better than the lottery! ;)

*Bunny Creates*


August Monthly Makings: Yellow






Thank-you to everyone who participated in the first ever Monthly Makings. The random winner will receive a gift code for a free amigurumi gift from our Mushroom Meadows Etsy store. You'll have to wait until the next post! I need to put the names and double entries through a randomizer. :D But for now enjoy the fabulous entries!



It has arrived! RooksPaperScissor's sent Mushroom Meadows a birthday gift and also entered the Monthly Makings.



From SquishyCuteStuff: This is Randi's little "Flower Chick". It is about 4.5 inches tall, and is made out of felt, stuffed with polyfil/rice, and is on a little decorated wooden pedestal. It was fun to make it. And she had an excuse to use these micro-terra cotta pots and teeny plastic vintage flowers :-)

This is such a charming little chick!




From Octopi Knits: This is Andrea's first human amigurumi! She has many cute little creations on her blog.






From Bumpkin Bears: This cute little bear was submitted by Catherine from Bumpkin Bears. Dylan is a lovely classic golden yellow. Her bears are so cute! She is having an end summer sale!





From Cornflower Blue Studio: This is a simple collage on a small canvas and Rachel used the preface and opening page of Jane Eyre, as well as some collected stamps. She loves the novel's opening lines and couldn't wait to use them in a project. Rachel has the artistic touch.


From Elwin: This is my coworker Elwin's contribution. He painted this with simple MS Paint.




From Dolcezza: This is Dolcezza's card made out of scraps! How very creative! It is on sale in her store.






From Mark it with a B : This is a lovely sewn dress by Barbara in anticipation of Autumn. It's quite lovely. I love the pattern.



From Me: This little guy is a super sweet baby corn. He is my little creation. I decided to keep him and he's hanging from my purse. :)



From Jenny S From Stitcher and Scribbler: Jenny S made this adorable little summer yellow lolly! So cute!!! If I could eat him I would.




From Confessions of a (Sometimes!) Serendipitous Girl:
This looks mouth watering! (Sometimes!) Serendipitous Girl used a nice simple recipe: Real Simple's Old-Fashioned Lemonade.



This is from none other than Mushroom Meadows! Hmm.. He looks strangely familiar!

10 comments:

SquishyCuteStuff said...

What a fun contest :-) Hope you will be doing another this month!

ps...My mom tried to show me how to crochet yesterday. Grrr..but I keep trying! I have wads of yarn that don't resemble anything. LOL (Doesn't help mom is lefty, and I am righty).

Rachel said...

I really like the popsicle by Jenny S! Thanks for organizing this event!

Hello, I'm Sally. said...

What cute yellow things! Some how, I didn't manage to use yellow in anything this month. I'm waiting to see what is next months theme!

Barbara Brown said...

what great yellow creations. your slide show looks great, i really enjoyed it.

Anonymous said...

Love yellow!! What a fun idea!! ;)

mushroommeadows said...

hahahahaha :)

Laura said...

Congratulations on your first monthly makings. What a fab selection this month, I'm only sorry I was too busy to take part. But I'm poised and ready for the next one!

Andrea said...

yay for yellow and squishycutestuff! :] great contest, can't wait for the next one!

Andrea Rooks said...

Hurray -- thank you so much for including my late entry/your gift :) I'm glad you like it...
cheers!

Jenny S said...

This was so much fun! Congrats on your first monthly making, you're corn is sooo cute!! xo